Teachers are entrusted with advancing the mission of Tulsa Honor Academy.Reporting to the Leadership Team, teachers are responsible for the development and execution of a standards-aligned curriculum, continuous improvement of their instructional practices based on feedback and support, and collaboration on areas of instructional and/or curricular need at the school. Teachers will be held accountable by the Leadership Team regarding performance, growth,student achievement, and quality of curriculum. This position is a full-time position starting immediately.
· Strong commitment to, belief in, and alignment with mission and vision of school
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
· One year working in urban education with a history of significant gains in student performance and/or growth preferred
· Excellent verbal and written skills
· Experience or familiarity analyzing data and using data to inform decisions and/or instruction
· Strong organizational skills
· Openness to feedback, desire to continue development as professional, and willingness to take responsibility for student outcomes and achievement
· Daily Instruction of scholars
· Embody mission and vision of school
· Create standards-aligned curriculum including scope and sequence, year-long calendar, unit plans, and lesson plans; develop interim,midterm, and final assessments as needed
· Develop and implement ambitious, and standards-aligned lesson plans targeted with end goal of student performance at or above grade level expectations
· Teach and enforce school-wide systems, rules and consequences, disciplinary codes, and rewards at all times
· Provide engaging, motivating, and rigorous instruction in whole-class and individual settings
· Provide academic support and tutoring to small groups or individual students as needed/ scheduled
· Analyze student achievement data in collaboration with instructional coach, content team, and grade level team.
· Implement data tracking system and use data to inform instructional development and delivery
· Communicate regularly and proactively with students and families
· Keep current and up-to date grades for scholars that reflect mastery on stated standards and objectives
· Collaborate with other staff members and actively participate in all professional development and learning activities
· Work to continuously improve effectiveness in all instructional practices, using school’s teacher performance rubric as a guide
· Use feedback to make productive changes in performance
· Complete all administrative requirements before given deadlines
· Participate in additional activities including field trips, intensive academic support sessions, and other required programs as needed throughout the year
· Have knowledge of both Common Core ELA and PASS science standards and objectives.
· Teaches science classes focused on components of excellent science education:
- Science Inquiry
- Physical Science
- Life Science
- Earth/Space Science
· Develop experimental procedures for students to observe, measure, classify, experiment,and communicate the laws of science.
· Provide students exposure to a variety of texts to acquire scientific knowledge
· Create opportunities for students to describe, compare, and contrast properties and structures of matter, energy, organisms, and environments, earth, and solar systems
· Develop students’ability to recognize patterns in data by making inference, predictions, or conclusions.
· Incorporate literacy into science curriculum.